Become fluent in any language
Get 1-on-1 lessons from native language teachers and join a community of more than 5 million language learners.
Italki is a global language learning community that connects students and teachers for 1-on-1 online language lessons. At italki, we believe that human interaction and cultural sharing are the best ways to become fluent in a foreign language. With over 5 million students and 10,000 high-quality teachers teaching more than 130 languages, italki helps everyone with their personal journey to fluency.
Learn with real people
We believe that the key thing that is missing from language education is people. We built italki to make human connections between language learners and language teachers. On our platform, you can find a teacher from the US to tutor you in English, or a person in China to practice Chinese with you. We believe that everyone can become fluent in any foreign language with a teacher.
Over a million students
Italki now has a global community of over a million language learners and more than a thousand language teachers, studying over a hundred languages. Hundreds of thousands of paid language lessons have taken place on italki, and every day, more and more students and teachers are discovering how quickly they can learn with personal online lessons.
Making language learning accessible
We believe that language education is going to radically change as traditional methods of language learning are disrupted by the availability of online language teachers. Language education has historically been expensive and inefficient, and only people who studied abroad could gain fluency. Now that language teachers can reach any student with an internet connection, we believe anyone, anywhere in the world can become fluent in a foreign language.
- Choose from over 10,000 teachers for 1-on-1 lessons based on your goals and interests.
- On italki you only pay per lesson and at the price that meets your budget.
- Take online lessons at the time and place that suits you.
How does it work?
- Watch the teacher’s video introduction, and read reviews from previous students.
- Choose a date and time that’s convenient for you.
- Take your lesson on Skype or other video chat software.
For the love of languages
- Language learning articles written by teachers and tutors.
- Find a language partner. Exchange time teaching your native language for time practicing a foreign language.
- Get writing corrections for the language you are learning. Correct other people’s writing in your native language.
- Engage with the community on language topics.
Learn more than just a language
On italki it’s about mastering a timeless skill, cultivating new perspectives, and connecting with fascinating people from around the world.